Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Skirted Roundtable: The State of Shelter mags - print and digi - plus, an announcement!


This week at The Skirted Roundtable, we chat amongst ourselves about the current state of the big shelter magazines - both print and digital. It's a no holds barred conversation and not one to be missed! We're especially critical of a certain beloved print magazine, so check it out and let us know what you think!


On a related topic, I've been making some important changes to my own digital magazine ::Surroundings::. The most exciting is that I am partnering with talented architectural photographer Michael J. Lee to produce original cover shots for each issue.  Michael has, in fact, been the photographer for three of my four published issues, but we're making it official.

Michael has shot for some of the most amazing designers, architects and builders and his work regularly appears in the finest New England shelter magazines. Above are some of his recent covers and you can check out his work on his website as well (and mine, for that matter!) We had a great chat with Michael at The Skirted Roundtable last year, if you want to take a listen.

So, we can't yet divulge the details of our first cover (next issue is slated for mid-March), but it will be amazing, I can promise that! Our plan for each cover is to select a showroom or shop and create a vignette that best represents the theme of the issue, while also showcasing a great resource. More to come on that! The next issue is themed around the subject of "Color", but it won't be the usual mish-mosh of brightly colored items. I believe it will be a more subtle conversation on the subject. 

You can read my four published magazines here and if you'd be interested in advertising, you can view my media kit here.



If you would like my help on your design project, I would love to chat with you! Please email me. Thanks!

 Subscribe to ::Surroundings::

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner