Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday Snippet: iPhone photos and helpful apps


Would you believe I took this pic on my iPhone? I posted it the other day on Facebook and got a lot of compliments, so figured I'd share it here as well. I have a G3S phone and used two different apps to get the photo. I took the photo using ProHDR which is separate from the built-in camera app. HDR (High-Dynamic-Range imaging) is a technology that basically allows you to take multiple images of the same photo at different light levels to capture backgrounds and foregrounds and then merges them to create a single, fully lit image. (More tech detail here on Wikipedia). There are some interiors photographers who employ HDR in their work, but generally I don't particularly like it as it can result in a very fake, flat looking image. However, it's a nifty thing for the iPhone. ProHDR reads the light levels and take two images (one for foreground, one for background) and merges the two together. You do need to hold the phone very steady for this, but it's very easy. I then edited the photo in PhotoWizard Editor which let me enhance the colors and sharpen the image. Pretty good results for a tiny camera lense!

Hope you're having a great weekend!

If you would like my help on your design project, I would love to chat with you! Please email me. Thanks!

 Subscribe to ::Surroundings::

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner