Thursday, June 4, 2009

Holy places, living spaces on Cape Cod

I went to a fantastic doggy fashion show tonight at the Boston Design Center called "Pet-a-porter". So. Much. Fun! I still have to edit those photos, but meanwhile, I have one last set of photos of Cape Cod buildings to share. I have always wanted to live in a house that was transformed from something else - like an old school house or church. There are a couple of such spaces in Sandwich, MA that I wanted to share. This first house is, in fact a private home. It used to be a doll museum and before that, a church. I am dying to get into this home!!


The brick building below used to be the Catholic Church. It is now a bed and breakfast and part of The Belfry Inn. This space is now called The Abbey.

DSCN0125.JPGDSCN0126.JPG


This "Painted Lady" Victorian was the rectory for the Catholic church and sits next door. It sure didn't look this spiffed up when it was housing the parish priests!

DSCN0127.JPG DSCN0128.JPG


And finally, just outside of Sandwich is this recently closed down chapel, which was part of the Sandwich Catholic church. This would certainly make a fantastic art gallery, condo building or single family home. Plus, plenty of room for parking!

DSCN0102.JPG DSCN0103.JPG

Just take a look at that shingle work and the subtle stained glass windows.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed my group of posts from the old towns of Cape Cod.


And, as a sneak peak from Pet-A-Porter: DSCN0374.JPG


And a recent open house I attended: DSCN0284.JPG

I hope you enjoy your weekend! I am off to a weekend get-a-way in Falmouth, MA!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner