Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sandwich Auction House

I was visiting my Mom this weekend on the Cape and thought to stop into the Sandwich Auction House. I'm not sure why I don't stop by there more often - it's only a mile from her house and there's always something fun to look at. I was there at 4:00 but the auction that day wasn't until 6:00, so I just wandered around and took pics, but didn't stay for the auction. This day offered and "unreserved general estates auction" which was basically smaller decorative items, pottery, costume jewelry and furniture.


Empire style chest and mirror by Paine Furniture with faux marble top


Pair of green leather tufted arm chairs with nailheads - just loved the shape of these chairs!


Composition garnitures. A little worse for wear, but would certainly fill out a mantle or tablescape.


Milkglass hobnail bisquit jar and pitcher. I love the detail on the top of the bisquit jar.


Ceramic Toby jugs by Staffordshire, Royal Daulton, Goebel. I think these would make really fun vases for fall flowers or on a party buffet table filled with silver and other utensils.


Heavy silver plate table lamp with parchment under glass shade. The light emitting from the shade was so warm and inviting.

Keele St. Pottery (England) Tea Set for Six, Biscuit jar, cheese dish and cake plates.



Reed & Barton Iris jewelry chest in walnut and Bird's Eye maple with thatched suede interior. Available here for $360.00


Vintage French telephones. Do these still work on today's phone lines? Definitely more decorative that an iPhone!

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to stay for the auction so don't know what these items went for, but hopefully soon I'll be able attend the auction to check out prices.



Subscribe to ::Surroundings::

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner