Thursday, August 18, 2011

Designers' View: What's going on in home libraries today?

 Image courtesy of Brooke Giannetti

Image courtesy of Joni Webb

I recently wrote an article on assignment about how designers are working with home libraries and book collections these days. I am now reading books on my Kindle for iPhone and between the real Kindle and iPads, we're all buying fewer and fewer books. Big thanks to Brooke Giannetti of Velvet and Linen and Joni Webb of Cote de Texas for contributing their expertise to my article "Designers Talk About Home Libraries" which you can read in its entirety here. I'd love to know your thoughts on the subject.



Speaking of Brooke, she recently sent me a copy of her beautiful new book Patina Style, which she co-wrote with her architect husband Steve. Let me just say, it's gorgeous! And even though they used my beautiful font (which I was selfishly hoping to keep all to myself) I can't recommend the book highly enough.  Steve and Brooke will be joining us at The Skirted Roundtable in the Fall, so stay tuned for that! Order the book here.


If you would like my help on your design project, I would love to chat with you! Please email me. Thanks!
 Subscribe to ::Surroundings::

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner