Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A DANCE WITH DRAGONS news


Hey guys,

I was trying to get you an exclusive extract from GRRM's forthcoming A Dance With Dragons (Canada, USA, Europe) and suggested to Martin and his editor that perhaps we could go with the scene in which Yours Truly gets butchered quite violently. I had a feeling that whatever scene a character based on me met his bloody demise wouldn't have any sort of impact on the plot, that it would mainly be spoiler-free and hence make the perfect teaser excerpt.

Well, Anne Groell just told me that we can't go with that scene. It appears that Ser Patrek of King's Mountain meets his maker at the end of ADWD and the scene contains MAJOR spoilers. I was excited enough as it is, but now my curiosity is truly piqued! Anne assured me that it's a very good death, so I can't wait!!!

Stay tuned for a giveaway in early June. . . And there will be a little twist to this contest. Anne had a fun and interesting idea, one I've decided to run with.

Don't know if we'll get an extract, though. . .

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner