Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Charlotte Moss at the Boston Design Center

 photo by Brook Slezak, via Southern Accents

I was thrilled to finally have the chance to meet the lovely and talented Charlotte Moss yesterday at the Boston Design Center. Charlotte is a truly inspiring person and I can say that the 500 designers in attendance were all sitting on the edge of their seats to tune into everything she had to say in her trademark soft spoken Southern drawl.  Charlotte is doing the book tour thing promoting her latest - Charlotte Moss Decorates.

Seriously, how beautiful is this book jacket?? 

During the talk, I was tweeting some of my favorite quotes and takeaways and thought I'd share them here as well.

Tweet: Just made it in time for Charlotte Moss at the Boston Design Center. She seems surprised that the audience is mostly all designers.
Tweet: I thought decorating happened only when my father went out of town. You have to have a plan, you have to work fast
This, of course, brought the house down!

Tweet: If you don't know how to see, you'll never learn how to decorate.
Tweet: Charlotte's a big scrapbooker of her trips, dinner parties. Loves her iPad and listens to TED lectures, Glee, Hot in Cleveland while scrapbooking. "It's my therapy. "
This is one of Charlotte's inspiration boards. She showed several boards in her slide show and talked about how she keeps her camera with her at all times to document everything she sees, because you never know what will become the inspiration for a design down the road.

Tweet: Charlotte photographs all her floral arrangements to record what works and to practice her photography skills.
Tweet: CM carries a notebook w/ all the dimensions of her house, including tabletops, mantels, so when she's out & about, she knows the right sizes

Tweet: Seeing the small things and noticing the details.
The mantra from this new Charlotte Moss book (which is seriously beautiful, btw) is "Why not?".



I picked up this cute set of note cards with bamboo pen. The ribbon is going right on my inspiration board over my desk!

We interviewed Charlotte at The Skirted Roundtable last year. You can listen to that podcast here.

All images via CharlotteMoss.com except where noted.

If you would like my help on your design project, I would love to chat with you! Please email me. Thanks!

 Subscribe to ::Surroundings::

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner