Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It's cover shoot day!

I'm so excited as today is the day I'll be shooting the cover for my next issue of ::Surroundings:: Guide to Decorative Living with the über talented Michael J. Lee.  When Michael and I agreed to partner on creating cover shots, it was his brilliant idea to select a showroom or store in which we'd do the shoot.  The goal is to create a shot that looks like it's part of a home and tells a story, even though it's not. And we hope that showcasing different showrooms and shops will bring a little publicity their way as well.


So, I'm thrilled that our first dedicated cover shot will be done in the beautiful  Webster & Company showroom at the Boston Design Center.


Webster & Company carries a wide selection of furnishings, fabrics and accessories from designers such as Rose Tarlow, deGournay, Clarence House, Holly Hunt, Lulu DK, Dakota Jackson and more.

So, last week, I spent a couple of hours perusing their showroom to pull together items that I thought would work to create the striking vignette we are looking for. I pulled together three concept groups and sent the images to Michael and was thrilled when his response was "#1!!! LOVE!!!!" as it was my favorite grouping as well.

So, tomorrow we'll be on site with cameras, lighting and some other goodies as well. If you're in the building, please feel free to stop by and get a sneak peak!  We're starting at 10:00!

Images of Webster & Company showroom. 

If you would like my help on your design project, I would love to chat with you! Please email me. Thanks!

 Subscribe to ::Surroundings::

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner