Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Truth in Advertising: Photoshopping skills for profit

I was reading my TODL newsletter when this picture jumped out at me:

It's part of an ad for a wood flooring company (whom I won't name since I don't want to promote them!) I thought, hmm... why does that hallway seem so familiar? Then it hit me:

I took this photo a few years ago. This is the grand hallway in the Chenonceau Castle that spans the River Cher - in France! It's spectacular black and white marble floor has magically become something that looks like a bowling alley lane! NOT an improvement, in my opinion!

Here's another image from Chenonceau - from their website - all decked out for the holidays!


So the question is - is this a rip off and false advertising? I think it's false advertising. Plus, since there is no credit or attribution of the photo - it's clearly copyright infringement.

Do you think it lessens the company's brand, or simply uses a beautiful space to highlight how the product "would look" if it were used there. Thoughts?



Subscribe in a reader

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner