Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Before & After Projects Party

Rhoda at Southern Hospitality is hosting a very fun Top Before & After Projects party! I did a couple of projects that I'm particularly proud of this year. While I did already blog about them, I thought I'd recap them again here so I can participate in the party with links back to the original posts for the directions.


Fabric covered sideboards

Right after the New Year, 2008, I did a makeover of my fabric covered sideboards in my dining room. They had been sporting the Waverly Bee-de-Lys pattern in black and white. However, I had decided to give into my inner-pink and soften my palette to pinks and greens. The black fabric - which I stalked for quite a while as it went out of distribution due to weaving issues - suddenly seemed too harsh and oppressive. (Hey - a gal can change her mind!).



The sad secret of what's behind the curtain! It's not the Wizard!
And the new sideboards - in pink and green silks! Click here to see more pics and for instructions.

Recovering a Settee
In August, I spotted this fantastic cane back settee at a local thrift store. It was in good structural shape and for $100, some fabric remnants and a little time, I knew I could make it over to add a little something special to my dining room!


I debated between two different fabrics. A happy floral remnant that I don't know the name or maker:


Or this Waverly cabana stripe, which I just used to make a floor length table cloth for my dining room table.

Think I made the right decision?

Click here to read more and for instructions on recovering this settee.


Thanks Rhoda for hosting the party! Click here to visit Rhoda's blog Souther Hospitality and to view other Before and After projects to get inspired!



Subscribe in a reader

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner