Sunday, June 5, 2011

New C. S. Friedman short story available online

Just found out about this on Friedman's Facebook page:

In May of 2011 I volunteered to teach a writing workshop in a juvenile correctional facility in Sacramento. In order to encourage my students to engage with me, I invited them to join me in crafting a science fiction story. They could contribute whatever plot elements they wanted, and I would help them weave it all into a single narrative. And it was okay if the elements were a bit crazy, I said, becaise this was science fiction; I wanted them to have fun with it.

Oops.

So we wound up with a First Contact story in which aliens chose a junkie drug dealer for their first human contact. Because, you see, the aliens needed to buy some meth.

When I heard that the day after my workshop all the kids were abuzz with delight over having helped create a story in which a drug dealer was responsible for an alien invasion of Earth, I decided to write it up for them. It turned out kinda cute, so I thought I'd share it with ya'll
.

Follow this link to read it! =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner