Monday, June 7, 2010

Summer Resolution: The Door

I've hated my front door since I moved it. It's a very unattractive brown. Likely, all the front doors in my association were this same color and over time, various neighbors have painted theirs a variety of colors. Some pretty, some bland. All better than brown. We actually have a "Design & Review" committee who has approval over all exterior changes although I am pretty sure some have gone rogue and not bothered to get the proper approvals.

Anyway, I am a very indoors person (red hair and freckles = aversion to sun) and so once I'm inside, I've pretty much forgotten about the outside. Oh, and that yellow powder on the porch? Pollen. Another reason why the outdoors is not my favorite place. However, I am bound and determined to paint my front door this summer! I can do nothing about the architecture or building colors, but I can at least paint my door. Since it's been on my mind, I've been noticing lots of pretty front door images and collecting them for inspiration.

Loving the old world style and contrast of colors here. The stucco is about the same color as the stain on my clapboards.


Look at how neat and pretty this space is... 


via Little.Green on Flickr

It's amazing what this sprightly red does for these otherwise drab buildings. Maybe I should go red? Might freak out the D&R committee.

via Ruddington on Flickr

This aged look is pretty great, but not really architecturally appropriate for my space.
via cjanebuy on Flickr

I always loves me some pink.
via PapersPaints on Flickr

Miles Redd's famous front door. His townhouse beats mine hands down.
via New York Social Diary

I'll never achieve this level of charm...

Fig Tree Cottage via Hooked on Houses

... or this level of grace.
via Windlost as she debated her front entrance

Yellow's not really my color, although these are fantastic.

Pink... hmmm

Maybe a little too pink... I think D&R would freak.


And here's the fabulous Lauren Liess' front door...

And her front door from the inside, which reminds us how sometimes, outside does come in...


via Lauren Liess' home via Pure Style Home

I am tending towards this color. What do you think? Of course, pink is appealing too...




 Subscribe to ::Surroundings::

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner