Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Meet the artist: Gina Garner




A few weeks ago, I received a comment on one of my posts from an unfamiliar name. I clicked through to Gina's blog Art and Alfalfa and found the most enchanting collection of hand painted tiles and dishes with scenes and images reminiscent of the Italian Renaissance.  I was hooked. I immediately emailed Gina to see if I could share some of her work here on ::Surroundings:: and happily, she agreed!

Gina's blog name comes from where she lives, in the middle of an alfalfa field in Utah, in a Palladian style home she has built with her husband.




Throw away the passport, I'm moving to Utah! Gina teaches workshops in Historic Tile painting and Decorative painting as well as giving private lessons.

Here are some examples of Gina's work:

I love the 3-D quality of this piece above.


This is Gina's signature image.











Hello!





Luckily for us, Gina has an Etsy shop and sells on Ebay, Big Cartel and in several Art Galleries.

So, I invite you to check out Gina's blog Art and Alfalfa which focuses on her art, her country lifestyle and some cute animal stories too!


 Subscribe to ::Surroundings::

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner