Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Meet the Designers: Lee Bierly and Christopher Drake

I don't often just post pics from a magazine spread, but when I received this month's New England Home magazine, I just knew I had to share the images of the beautiful Nantucket home of interior designers extraordinaire Lee Bierly and Christopher Drake



Images of Mr. Bierly and Mr. Drake's house courtesy of New England Home Magazine. 
Photography by Michael Partenio. Styling by Stacy Kunstel. Read the entire story by Erin Marvin here

This small but mighty shingle style home is typical of Bierly-Drake's tailored and classic design style. I am totally loving the black and white palette with pops of bright red.  No typical sailor blues here.

















Here are more examples of Bierly-Drake's work:

Courtesy of Traditional Home magazine. 
Photographs by Robert Brantley. Produced by Estelle Bond Guralnick


The ever dapper Mr.'s Drake and Bierly were inducted into the New England Design Hall of Fame in 2008. I attended the ceremony and got to congratulate Mr. Bierly in the midst of the crush before the dinner. Of course, he wouldn't know me from a hole in the wall, but he took my hand into his two big paws, looked at me and said "Pretty!" and walked off. Well, maybe it was a case of "When in doubt, tell a girl she's pretty". Who cares. I was thrilled.


 Subscribe to ::Surroundings::

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner