Sunday, May 23, 2010

Project Sneak Peak

I wanted to share a sneak peak of a project I've been working on with a friend. She owns an antique home on a pond - very idyllic. The house has all the charms, and challenges, of an antique that dates to the late 1600's. Low, beamed ceilings and original floors are certainly charming, but can also make the rooms feel small. In order to play up the cozy factor, my client and friend wanted to spruce up her upholstered furniture and add some simple window treatments - all to create a cozy and warm feeling in her New England waterfront home. Here's a little inspiration board with the fabrics and trims I selected for her pleated valance treatments and newly upholstered club chairs and love seat.(click on image for larger view)

The room is so dark and the day was so bright when I was there that it was impossible to get a decent interior shot. I'll be back, however, as we're talking about glazing her walls a soft peachy pink, possibly in a glaze, to add more warmth and glow to the space.  Here are some inspiration images for the pink walls:








Hopefully at some point I'll be able to do a better job taking photos!


 Subscribe to ::Surroundings::

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner