Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Greetings from Boston!

Hello! I'm still here - working up a storm and finally getting all my home issues dealt with. The water main was fixed, the electrical service entrance was fixed and the oil tank is in. It was not the way I wanted to end the summer, but what are you going to do.





Meanwhile, I wanted to share some of my favorite images from the Boston Public Libraries current exhibit called Greetings from Boston - a look at postcards dating back to the early 20th century. According to the exhibit information, in 1907, American's mailed over 677 Million postcards.

They were all the rage-the tweets of yesteryear! Below are some of my favorites from their Flickr site.





















 Subscribe to ::Surroundings::

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner