Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas Inspirations: Oh Christmas Tree, Tiny Christmas Tree (aka Tiny Tannenbaum)





When I was little, we had an antique Christmas tree stand that belonged to one of my grandparents. [Edited to add: my Mother reports that her father bought it just about when she was born in the late 1920's.] It was magical. It was also quite the fire hazard. It was a round, green painted tin container that had slots for three large light bulbs (traditionally yellow, red and green). The tree bolted into the center and water was held within. Well, you can imagine what happens over time when water comes in contact with tin. Add to that some frayed wires and we were living on the edge. I loved crawling under the tree and looking up. The warm glow of the big colorful light bulbs was both comforting and thrilling. I felt like I was hiding out from the world.

Do you have your Christmas Tree yet? I am still deciding what type of tree I want this year. I have to admit that I'm not much in the Christmas spirit yet. It's been a very long year for all of us. For me, it's meant the loss of my father and a difficult business environment, but it's also notable for my new relationship with New England Home magazine, my seemingly never ending kitchen makeover, the Skirted Roundtable and all the exciting people we've spoken with, and all the friendships I've forged. You know... all the stuff of life. The good, the bad and the please God, never again.

I don't get a tree every year but I am thinking that this year I could use one. Some years I've just done decorated wreaths hung on my big picture windows, and other years I've had an eleven foot tree with tons of lights. I'm thinking of going smaller this year.  Small and sweet just might do the trick.






























Source unknown

Do you have your Christmas Tree yet?










LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner