Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Linda's Kitchen: It's not pretty, but it's progress



A quick little weekend update on my kitchen makeover. I'm running around like a crazy, headless, chicken this week, but wanted to do a quick post on the kitchen.  This weekend, we removed all the cabinet doors and all the hardware from the cabinets. I would have just painted around the hardware, but my more responsible volunteer staff overruled my lazy self.

We also started priming the insides of the cabinets, as you can see. One of the issues is that some of the cabinet interior walls are wood and some are particle board - so naturally, the paint won't adhere the same to the two surfaces and the end results will look uneven. I had the idea of covering the particle board with beadboard wallpaper and then prime and paint everything. But, guess what, the wall paper does not stick to the particle board. All righty. So, we pulled it off, and by "we" I mean Mother Nature and Mr. Gravity made it come off all on its own, and we primed the entire insides with Zinsser primer/sealer. It may turn out that the particle board will look fine with just the primer coat (or two) and we won't have to paper at all. It's a work in progress.

So, that's where we stand. Oh, and the entire contents of my cabinets is strewn all over the dining room and in bags on the floor of the kitchen. Hello, take out? 

I wonder if Joni's Whataburger will deliver to New England?



 Subscribe to ::Surroundings::




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner